Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Tooth Fairy

Posted by Picasa


We had an early visit from the Tooth Fairy this week! Ginny was trying to open a tupperware with her teeth and pulled her first baby tooth out. She came running in to me pretty freaked out. I was a little freaked out too when I noticed a big hole where her tooth should be. I knew they were supposed to lose their baby teeth, but surely I didn't think we were ready for that! So, after some inquiry as to where the tooth was, I found that Ginny had noticed it in her mouth, took it out, and chucked it across the room! Luckily we found it and after a visit to the dentist were much relieved to find that it was close to coming out anyway. So, we sent it to the tooth fairy (who nearly forgot!). Here's to growing up!

I never did the tooth fairy growing up, so I was wonderif what memories do you have of your tooth fairy? What made it special/memorable for you?

6 comments:

Michelleo said...

Yay! You updated your blog! Will you send us a pict of the preggo shauna before you go to the hospital?

Shaunanana said...

will do - just waiting for a day I actually look like I actually got ready instead of hanging out in my comfy clothes all day...

Brooke said...

an update for you too! i loved updates. congrats ginny. your very first tooth. you are such a big girl.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, what a story! I remember putting the tooth under my pillow and then the next morning finding a quarter. I did have a friend that had a special little pillow with a little pocket on it that she put the tooth in and then the tooth fairy left a quarter in the pocket. I think that sounds easier. Anywho I'm excited to hear about the baby when she arrives!

DeVries Fam said...

Ginny looks so old in this picture, and so happy to have lost her first tooth! That is so funny that she threw it across the room! I remember not thinking the tooth fairy is very reliable when I was little.

Chris and Tara said...

I remember more about my dad pulling our teeth then the actual tooth fairy. He would tie dental floss around it and then tell us he would yank on "three". Of course, he always yanked on "two" and we were surprised every single time (yea, I'm not very smart Ü). We would get money from the tooth fairy but it was really just a fun time for Dad.

And I love that Ginny threw it across the room. Classic.