Thursday, May 7, 2009

Hungry?


One of the many things I hate about hospital stays is the food. Especially right after giving birth when you haven't eaten for hours, but still have an appetite like you need to eat every 2 or 3. Not to mention you are exhausted and famished from expelling a tiny body out of your own! Needless to say the thing I always want most after labor is a good meal! I'm afraid the hospital food is...ummm...less than appetizing. Yes, this really was a meal from the hospital. And sadly, I did eat most of it (I couldn't gag down the spinach). Robert was the champ of my day when he went out to 2 different places and picked up some pizza and a milkshake! We're not usually so spendy, but man it really was worth it for me!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kevin said...

I liked the hospital food here in Utah. One of the perks of visiting Chelsea at the hospital was that I got free chocolate milk.

Chelsea said...

I think the problem, for me, was that they kept starving me even of hospital food. Perhaps that was their ploy... so I would eat whatever they had once consumption was allowed.
Then they couldn't get the butter ratio right. I told them I wanted butter instead of margarine so I kept getting at least 3 butters with EVERY meal, even if I couldn't possibly use butter.

Lisa said...

I know what you mean! American Fork hospital food wasn't so bad but I was still starving and so Jesse was sneaking me Gandolfo's and strawberry milkshakes! Timapnogas Hospitals food was AWFUL! Not edible at all. I totally relate to your predicament!

Brooke said...

ew, i have to admit that meal doesn't look very appetizing. i sure hope you are eating better now.

Sheri said...

I've had my babies in two different states, but both hospitals had awesome food. I really like being in the hospital after I have a baby, and I eat really well - so I'm sad you got nasty looking food! With Austin the snack bar was right outside my room and at 2am both nights I was out there getting Snackwell cookies!

Linde said...

I actually liked my hospital food (some of that may have been that I didn't have to prepare it). :)

Sorry the food wasn't better. Hope all is well with your cute little girl!