Tuesday, November 3, 2009

I NEED CANDY!!!!

So, those of you who know me know how much I LOVE candy and sweets! What you may not know is how I've resolved to be healthier. I made this resolve once before I was pregnant with Sydney, but when I was pregnent I let myself eat in moderation the sweets I had restricted before. So, now that Sydney is 6 months old (yes, time flies), I am again making my no sweet resolve. I do allow some sweets on the weekend, but M-F I'm sugar free. So, after the Halloween weekend, it's been extra difficult. I had to tell the kids I couldn't get them any candy for fear of eating some myself, so they have to wait for Daddy to dispense the goods. Well, yesterday Lily really wanted some candy. She's also a very hard girl to say no to. She just won't take no for an answer. So, she persisted asking for candy after I had told her no many times . She started getting really upset and angrily yelling over and over again "I NEED CANDY!" I had to laugh because that's exactly how I felt, too! I hear ya!

2 comments:

Net said...

mmm, I told the girls if they gave up their candy to the "Candy Fairy" she would leave them a gift. They willingly obliged. Too bad nobody offered that deal to me -- now I have all our candy leftovers AND my kids' candy to tempt me! ach! so hard to resist... can't let it waste... must have candy...

Chris and Tara said...

I NEED ICE CREAM!!! Loved this post. Ü Good luck on your "no sweets".