Monday, June 22, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

So, if you haven't noticed, we're Previa People. That's what we drive. When we upgraded from a sedan, we "purchased" our white van from Rob's parents. It was kind of a dud - it leaked oil like no tomorrow and there was always something to fix. But, we enjoyed it and loved having all that space! We drove it for 2 years when over Thanksgiving at Rob's parents house it just quit.

So, Rob's parents came to the rescue with our next family car. Rob's mom had driven this for a while and was trying to figure out what to do with it since she had bought another Previa to replace this one. We started driving this in December with 323,000 miles on it. Sad to say that it finally bit the dust this weekend. I drove it home and was pulling in the driveway when the "dreaded white smoke" started consuming my yard. Sigh. It was half-way in the driveway and half in the street. My good neighbor lent me a hand pushing it into the driveway. That car had earned it's rest - it had 325,000 miles on it. So, Friday afternoon our search for a new family car began...

...and ended Saturday morning with this:

2 comments:

Stacee said...

Oh, Shauna... I really had high hopes for #2! I thought you'd get another 100 grand at least;)! I'm glad you were pulling INTO your driveway, though, and not into some busy intersection! (blessing!?) I will NEVER see a Previa again in my life and not think of your family! At least you are keeping it interesting by switching the colors up! :)

Chris and Tara said...

That's a good looking previa. I'm glad you made it home before it died. Ü