Friday, June 19, 2009

Sydney's Blessing

We blessed Sydney last Sunday. It was such a sweet occasion and I feel so grateful for my husband holding and being worthy of the Priesthood - the true power of God. I know our children and their children will be blessed because of it. I'm also grateful for my beautiful daughter. Even though my life is full of restless sleep and chaos at times, there is nothing more important for me than to love and care for my children. I feel so grateful to be a mother and can't wait to see how this new little girl turns out!

This blanket was made by my great-grandmother and was finished just months before I was born. Since then it has been passed through countless numbers of new babies in my father's family. I feel honored to continue this tradition by blessing my fourth girl with this blanket.

Her blessing gown was made by my dear mother. All of my girls have been blessed in this outfit and I am so glad that regardless of the miles between us it still felt like she was here.

My grandparents made the trip from Utah for the occasion. We had such a nice time visiting with them and want to thank them for making time for this event. Rob's parents came up too and his sister was there (thanks for enduring 2 church sessions!). I missed my family but know they would have been here if they could. I love you all and am so grateful for eternal families!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Braunersrither Family said...

Thanks for inviting us to your open house after the blessing. Living far from family we miss out on all the family blessing get togethers so coming to yours felt a lot like home. We loved it! Tricia

Linde said...

Such a cute girl!!

Amy Pennington said...

what a gorgeous family picture...I can't believe how grown up your girls are getting!!!

The Wright Fam said...

What a beautiful family and a beautiful baby girl. She is so blessed to have you guys as parents!

Chris and Tara said...

She is so beautiful. I love all your traditions.